What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a health care profession concerned with the assessment, maintenance and restoration of the physical function and performance. Physiotherapy uses a variety of techniques to help your muscles and joints work to their full potential. It can help repair damage by speeding up the healing process and reducing pain and stiffness.
Physiotherapists use a wide range of techniques to relieve pain, restore function and movement, prevent further problems and improve performance including:
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Exercise Programs and Stretches
- Muscle re-education
- Massage and Acupuncture
- Electro physical agents (including hot packs, ice and ultrasound).
- Rehab Gym and Pilates
- Balance and Stretching Classes
- ACL Injury Prevention Program
- Musculoskeletal Screening
- Aquatic Physiotherapy
- Sports Coverage